Either way, the baby quilt is finished!!! What a perfect break from UFO-ing this little project has been. Of course, it's back to the UFO at this point... but, I have 2 other baby quilts (ironically, both for girls as well) to consider when the need for a break arises again. We'll see but I hope to have the 8 blocks done before the end of summer vacation. I have a week remaining. I should get my rotary cutter in gear!!!
Here's a photo of the finished quilt top...
 |
| Top: There's a methodical arrangement to the blocks; I really tried to lay them out randomly. It's just not for me. |
So, onto the quilt backing... I used just about all of the 2.5" strips that were in this fabric family. I'm still not sure what's going to become to the extra strips or 10" blocks... But I'm sure they'll make their way into some other quilt at some point. :o)
 |
| Backing: Randomly placed strips of fabric; I had better luck with random placement on this side of the quilt. |
There you have it!!! A finished baby quilt~ all within one week. That might be close to a new record. I chose to not quilt it but rather tack it down with yarn; more of a comforter style finishing. [Been years since I've done that as well... maybe this was a retro quilt?!]
Anyway... here it is all folded up & ready to be sent to a new loving home. :o)
Pay it forward!!!
 |
| One question remains: who gets it?! :o) |
Happy Quilting!!! :o)
I seriously LOVE this!!!! And someone made a yarn tacked down quilt for Matthew when he was a baby... it's STILL a favorite around our house! Good job Nes!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sarah!!! :o)
ReplyDeletePersonally, I prefer handmade gifts. Hopefully the baby quilts I've made over the years are well loved at their respective households... and become the treasure that is Matthew's blanket. Maybe one of these days I'll make it to the RiceCake house & we can make collective throw-quilt... that would be one way to get rid of stash fabric, eh?!