Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A UFO from a UFO?! Oh No!!!

Well... sorta... my infamous Celestial Star UFO had these paper pieced log cabin blocks to accompany it as a border.  I've since changed my mind on that approach~ but what to do with all these already-pieced blocks?!  Well... since the quilt is going bed size... why not make a coordinating sham to go with it when it's finished?!  Brilliant!!! What resulted is the sham top... which is technically (because it's sitting in partial form) another UFO.

The things multiply!!! They're like dust bunnies!!!

Co-ordinating pillow sham for the Celestial UFO quilt...
Here's another shot of it~ the colors are a bit truer here... and I think it's a bit closer, too.

View #2  :o)
Now, back to work on the blocks... I got one cut last night & (now that the child has decided to actually *sleep*), I am going to sew it up! That'll be Block 5 with 3 more waiting in the wings. 

Happy Quilting!!! :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment