... I had a boy. Don't get me wrong, I *love* making boy quilts; he has the coolest road play-mat quilt in his room as well as two others I've made for him thus far. But today, in working on the bright colored baby quilt, I realized how much I missed the finer girlie things!!! Rather then doing a traditional binding~ I'm using a really pretty eyelet instead.
 |
| See~ pretty lace eyelet... girlie, but not overly girlie... |
Working to put the top together was a small nightmare. Because I quartered the strips, and then turned them to make a smaller square, it meant that I had seams going in every which way that did not want to co-operate when being sewn together. My machine didn't appreciate some seams facing up at the same time others were facing down... as a result, it pulled a bit. It took a little longer then I wanted for the top to get pieced, but the extra time was well worth it in the end. Most times people never see the back of a quilt top... they normally see only the finished product. Check out the crazy directions of all the seams!!!
 |
| This would be the back of the baby quilt. Just about as neat looking as the front! I'm a bit particular about ironing & making everything clean & crisp. |
So, I'm off to piece the back with the 2.5" strips of the same fabric as the quilt... Will post pictures of the finished product soon. My camera's giving me grief about uploading; I think the cord is going bad; took too many tries & wiggling the connecter. *dislike*
Hope your weekend is going marvelously... I'm back to my machine & iron... the backing awaits... and I'm sure you probably wish I had posted a picture of the finished top! Haha!!! Stay tuned...
Happy Quilting!!! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment