Friday, July 22, 2011

Slow Going is Better Than No Going...

... I've been working on the Maggie May bag yesterday & today.  Not really sure how it will end up coming out as I've either a) found mistake(s) in the directions or b) not followed the directions to a perfect T... or a combination of both!  The outside pieces are nowhere near the shape of the lining template that they're supposed to be & because both of my pieces are equally off, I'm sewing what I have & seeing where that takes me.  It will be an adventure, no doubt when it all comes together for construction.

I love how the colors are coming out~ it definitely isn't that funky stash look that I thought I might end up with; the fabrics all meld together.  And I suppose that the picture below dimes me out as to which one was the stash fabric assortment v. purposely selected fabrics. :o)  Oh well... here's what the outside of my Maggie May bag is going to look like when all is said & done...

This would be the raw edges of the outside of the bag... 
Right now I'm taking a break from sewing the lining pieces together... curved pieces take precision pinning & attention to detail.  Which means I needed a break!!! (There were plenty of those on the outside of the bag.)  And take a break I sure did~ put the sheets back on the bed & did the dishes in the sink.  My eyes just need something different to focus on every now & again.  

Back at it... hoping I can finish the lining tonight... which leaves the actual construction, binding, handles, etc. for tomorrow or whenever I can pick it back up again.  However, the sooner it's finished, the better since the person who it's being given too had her birthday over a month ago.  *Oops!*  One of these days I will have gifts On Time!!! 

Off to the machine & my pinning... Happy Quilting! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment