Exhibit #4: Left-over blocks from my first quilt...
Background: These four blocks were leftovers from Exhibit #2. I can't remember if they were either too small/big to mesh in with the others or if I wanted to keep the other one 4 blocks by 4 blocks. Either way, I put this little wall-hanging together from extra blocks. And then had a typical 20-sumpthin' wild-hair idea to: Hand. Quilt. The. Thing. Obviously it's still in the hoop which qualifies it as another UFO. It's been done for over a decade, too. If I could just devote 30-45 minutes every night to finishing the hand quilting, it would be finished before not too long.
| Exhibit #4: An almost-forgotten UFO... |
All this (internal) talk of UFO's really has me going... I emailed a lady today about getting the two that are finished long-arm quilted; waiting to hear back. And I think I'm going to dig out Exhibit #1 & see what inspiration I can come up with for finishing it into a bed quilt for my son...
Happy Quilting!!! :o)
I was in a quilting club in 8th grade. We met in the library (the librarian was our "leader") and handsewed pot holders. The pieces were already cut out for us but, still... omg... it was MUCH more difficult than I thought it would be. It took me a semester of sewing at lunch on Wednesday to get mine all together... unquilted. I never got to that part. :)
ReplyDeleteMaybe that's something you could do at school? It was kinda cool to hang out with a bunch of other girls and visit and sew... sorta like a living history lesson in how women used to spend time. I dig that sort of thing.
Shows you how much I paid attention during our middle school years~ I had no idea there even Was a quilting club in the library. Very cool... 5 years ago (when our classes weren't rotating & I had my munchkins all day) I did make a quilt with them. Each of them sewed their own blocks out of fabric that they had to cut & then pass inspection on before sewing. [Read: math lesson!] It was hanging in my classroom last year & I hope to have it hanging again in my new room. With us all changing classes, and the jam on curriculum, it would be very difficult to find time. Before school we're loaded with meetings~ recess lasts for all of maybe 10-15 minutes~ and after school isn't an option. Believe me~ I want to do it again. :o)
ReplyDeleteBut.. out of sheer curiosity... do you still have that pot holder?! If you mail it to me, I'll gladly finish it for you & mail it back. I have the ThermoLam that you need to use for that sort of crafting. Let me know...