| The fabric... and the pattern... |
| This is a "Jacob's Ladder" block. It's a basic 9-patch. |
| Top of the table runner... |
| More of a close-up... |
The real trick was how to combine her favorite colors (and her home decor choice) and not have it scream C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S... red & green are tricky like that. The red fabric has green swirled into it~ which helps minimize the holiday feel. Either way, hopefully it looks awesome on their dinner table when I get it backed, quilted, & mailed.
If you're keeping count, of the 5 on the Pay it Forward list... this is the 3rd... and because it's half-way finished... that means I'm exactly half-way done with my 2011 list. Because I like the giving part of it, for 2012 I decided that I'm going to randomly select 5 of my friends & give them a little surprise. No advance notice to look for something in the mail; just a random package with a little note inside. And then it's up to them how they want to pay it forward from there.
At the turn of the year, a lot of people make "resolutions"... what a silly waste of time! Well, for me it is. If you want to change~ no time like the present to start. But, if I were to be twisted into one~ it would be to always make time for my quilting because it gives me such joy... I rarely keep what I make anyway; most find homes elsewhere.
The 2012 Project List tab has been updated to reflect what I want to accomplish this year~ and what I remembered off the top of my head without looking in the stash. We'll see how much I finish... and how much gets added to the list as the year progresses!!!
Happy New Year... and Happy Quilting!!! :o)
Nes!!! This is so awesome! I totally love it! It'll look so great on my table. The wall behind the table is burgundy so, it'll be so perfect! Thank you SO MUCH!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you're totally right, resolutions are silly. But intentionally making time for something you love... that you pass on to others... is a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with me! oxoxo
Glad it meets with your approval, Sarah... figured it would. Can't wait to see a picture of it on your table; funny enough I made 4 blocks~ one for each RiceCake. :o) I head back to work tomorrow; so I'll be putting that "resolution" to the test here... weekends & evenings will be my time...
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that I'll have something that you made with your own hands and heart. That is SO cool! And seriously, one block for each RiceCake?! I love that! MWAH!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up for #SundayFunday!!
I love your idea--so much that I think I'm going to join in! Hmmm, let's see....who and what first?
ReplyDelete