Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tidying up the table...

So, I never put away the fabric from the snowman table runner I finished right before vacation... I know, right?!  Who in their right mind leaves their sewing/quilting table a mess?!  There was plenty of material left for another runner~ and since Winter Break was 48 hours away from when the snowman runner was completed.... on the table it remained waiting for me to tend to it.  

Along with that Pay It Forward 2011 list that's seriously haunting me.

So, in the interest of "tidying" up a smidgen... I decided to make the second runner that I had fabric for.  It's going to go to one of the four peeps left on my list.  And, a quick glance at today's date reveals that I'm sorely lacking in the time department.  (Better late than never, right?! Maybe... Yeah, I know..."10 minute early is on-time, being on-time is late..." ...and we won't even talk about what it is to be truly late...)

So, here's the color scheme I left for myself... distinctly NOT anything Christmas-y in the least.  Blues, teals, yellows, browns... Easter-ish, perhaps?!

So these are the randomly placed squares... I still struggle with "random"... I much prefer order... 

Here's the assembled center portion... in this lighting, it's a bit "surfy" to me... 

Aaahhh... more getting rid of pre-cut left-over 2.5" strips...  

Take that, Points~ You've Been ROUNDED! 
Tomorrow's task(s) include figuring out the batting situation, finding backing fabric (hello, stash!), and... my least favorite task of all... binding.  Got creative on the rounding of the points~ I am most certainly NOT going through that pointy nightmare again.  Had to use a round lid to make a template to follow with the rotary cutter.  Hopefully, this works better.  

So, that's one more off the list complete... only 3 remain.  I have plans for 1 of those 3... and a fabric scheme for a 2nd.  If you do the math, that leaves one wild card project.  (::Insert quasi-evil Simpson's George Burns laugh here::) We'll see what comes of it. 

In the meantime... It's late & my book is calling me to read a bit before bed... I dare say I'm a Kindle convert. I've always loved books & reading (Yes, I'm a nerd like that) and this little device makes it so much easier; especially since I'm a very fast reader. Off to it!

Happy Quilting!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Found the perfect piece of scrap batting... matched up some backing fabric & because there's plenty~ I'll fold it over to the front instead of using pre-made binding. Off to quilt & finish this project... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm a new follower from the Sunday Funday Blog hop! The quote in your header is perfect for your blog!! :o)

    Feel free to stop by!

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jamie! Thanks for stopping by & following... the more the merrier!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nes! This is so awesome! I love the colors... it makes me think beachy... AND Easter! Go fig! You're amazing! I'm so impressed with your mad sewing skillz. One of these says, I want you to teach me how to do this stuff... you're such a badass! I love it!

    And hey... thanks for linking up! MWAH! Happy New Year friend!

    ReplyDelete