Friday, December 2, 2011

Pay It Forward, 2011

Back in January, there was this viral little Facebook meme where the first five people who commented on a particular status would receive a handmade item by you.  I replied to several of my friends who did this... and then re-posted it as well.  Fair is fair, eh?! If I'm going to receive, I'm going to play. :o)

Well, I've been haunted by this list~ of my five, one has gotten her Pay It Forward handmade item.  I made a promise to give something to these five people & I'm running out of time! (Well, 4 now... 1's done.)  I know exactly what I'm doing for one of the four that remain... but that leaves 3 I'm clueless about. *sigh*  I'm thinking Christmas ornaments or a candle rug.

This little project remains right on the front burner. A promise is a promise. I guess I'm old fashioned like that; I've yet to receive anything from those I commented on but I'm still obligated to my commitment. Giving your word still means something to me. :o)

Off to work (TGIF!) & then home to stew over what to make... Will post pictures when I come up with something... In the meantime...

Happy Quilting!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm working on my 5 this weekend! :) Great minds think alike eh?! ha ha!

    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most certainly, Miss Sarah... and yours will be the first of the four that remain to be completed & mailed. Maybe I'll get a second-wind tonight after my little man's gone to bed to work on it... :o)

    You should totally post pictures of your 5 items~ I'd love to see what other people are making. I'm nerdy & crafty like that... Happy Creating!!! I'll post pics of my 5 items in a blogy post when they're done.

    xox

    ReplyDelete